We walked hand in hand to the SUU Great Hall with Chard and Charley shortly behind us. As we walked into the doors to give them our tickets, Chard realized that he had left his wallet at home. This was a problem because his wallet had his ticket inside of it. Yes, you read that correctly. Richard forgot his ticket.
We just laughed and held the doors open for everyone else coming in.
It was so funny.
I felt dumb holding the door open and just looking lost when we knew where to go, so we went outside to wait for Chard's ticket. It wasn't snowing, but it was freezing. So Matt gave me his tux coat and held me close all the while holding my hand. Can you tell I rather like that?
Richard's dad showed up at about 10 and the teasing began. Chard just wanted him to hand over the ticket and leave, but he brought the camera to take pictures. We all went inside into the light and took a few pictures. It didn't end there, however. Chard's dad started making a video that started out something like this: "So Richard, why is your dad here at your Junior Prom?" Enough said, right? His dad is the bomb.
Once Chard had had enough, we ran up, up, up the stairs to escape. When we got to the top we saw the long, endless line of people waiting for pictures. Ha! Suckers.
The dance was normal. Music: crappy. Dancing: disgusting. Sound: loud. Dresses: immodest. Luckily I had the best date in the world with the best group. Mostly Matt and I wandered around and said hello to all those people that we needed to. We searched for Katie and drank some water. Along with everyone else we jumped up and down.
The DJ sucked in my opinion. Matt and I went up to him very early on and asked him to play our song, and he never played it. There was this song that was hardly even notes, just annoying sounds. We went out of the room during that noise. There was one point that I just didn't want to jump around anymore. We sat down, but that didn't last very long. Chard came over and got mad at us and got us off of our butts.
All in all, it was a fun dance. Sure, the music and dancing stunk, but that is normal. The only thing that bugged us was the fact that the dumb DJ didn't even play our song. Matt, being the planner that he is, made plans to dance to that song later. And that we did after we took Charley and Chard home. So we got to my house and did the whole turn off the car, unplug phone, get her door thing. We went over to the side of the house with the rocks, but didn't dance in the rocks, that would be weird. He turned on the song and we started dancing. And it wasn't like "Yeah! We're dancing!" It was like "Oh my goodness. We are dancing oh so slowly and you are holding me oh so closely" dancing. It was freezing outside, which caused me to shiver. He asked me if I wanted his tux coat, but I declined. I was shaking so bad! So between the chorus and the second verse he was like, "Okay, you really do want this." And he put it on me. It was much warmer then. The whole time my forehead was on his cheek, I don't know why that is important, but oh well. I made some comment about being able to see the stars and then he said something about how it might have been a good thing they didn't play the song at the dance. I hummed a phrase of the song and then he hummed the next phrase. Matt isn't the best singer in the world, but he is a good hum-er! It was beautiful.
It was so amazing and perfect and special and happy and fun and perfect.
And there is more! Ha, you thought it was over. Nope! As soon as I get what I need to finish, you can know the rest.


No comments:
Post a Comment