On the 25th of July, I had a great day with Matt, Amberly, and Lisa. Amberly danced in the parade, so naturally we had to go watch her dance. I would like to say that it was entertaining, but it wasn't really. The day was hot and humid, and the parade was very slow moving. Amberly was towards the very end, so we had to sit there for the entire slow parade. But we had a nice time together still.
By the end, Amberly was hot and tired. We think that she had some heat exhaustion going on. So when we got to the house, the three of us went downstairs where it was cool. We looked through one of Matt's photo books and laughed at his funny self. He told me stories about some of the pictures, and we laughed a lot.
When lunch came around, Matt and I wanted to try a new restaurant in town that we had passed by and smelled on our way home from the parade. He said we would go if it wasn't too expensive. My dad had said a few days earlier that it was expensive, so I didn't get my hopes up. Lisa had been once, so Matt asked her how everything was there. I waited for him and asked him if we were going when he came out. He said yes! I was so freaking excited! We put our arms around each other out of happiness (you should've seen how happy he looked to be taking me out). Then he picked me up and spun me around! I wasn't expecting it, which made it an even more wonderful little moment.
Lunch was good. It was good to be alone for a little while. After lunch we sorted through lego's, played Disney Scene it, and watched The Aristocats all with Amberly. We had fun together, just like always.
At some point during the movie, Matt told me that his dad would be there that coming Saturday. I hadn't planned on not having Saturday together, and with our time together being so limited, especially now, that thought was really hard for me. I counted the days that we have left together in my head, and there aren't very many left. He was looking away at the movie, and I cried.
After the movie, someone said something about dad coming again, and I cried, again, but this time Matt and Amberly were both watching. I hid under the blanket I made Matt for Christmas. Matt came under and begged me to to cry, but I couldn't stop it. I came out from under the blanket and he held me just like he always does when I cry. Amberly was cute and asked if I was sad. I could only nod and wipe my nose.
It just gets harder and harder. Some days I am strong, and other days I am weak. Usually when I have a strong day, Matt has a weak day. When I am weak, Matt is strong. We welcome any day that was an unexpected day for us to be together. Well, I guess we welcome any day together.
Speaking of which, after I was home and packing for girls' camp, Matt invited me to watch a movie outside at one of the neighbors houses. That was nice, too. Very different, but nice.
That is the end for now. I have so much to catch up on!
1 comment:
Man, you have a lot of catching up to do on your blogging.
Post a Comment