Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gratitude

Today I am feeling really good and grateful for all I have.  It makes me sad when I can't share all the details, but that's okay.  You will all survive.

Matt was ordained as an Elder in the Priesthood today and I was there.  Just a few seconds into the ordination I was bawling.  It was such a neat experience that I had never experienced.  That was the first thing that made me feel so grateful. 

After the ordination, we went to his house to load up all the cars and get his family on the road.  I was sad to see them leave, but I didn't cry because I know that it isn't the end of seeing them.  It's not a hope, I know it with all my heart.  That makes me feel so happy.  I have built some good relationships and it would be very sad to have them all disappear just because of a move.

Matt is staying here for the week, so he didn't leave with them, thank goodness.  That makes me very grateful.  I'm not quite ready for him to leave, but then again, I won't be ready.  He spent the rest of the day (up until half an hour ago) at my house.  You would think that we talked a lot during this time, but you are mistaken.  We sat on the couch reading and writing.  He needed to write in his journal, and so did I!  So we just sat there and did the things we needed to do.  I am so SO grateful that we can be like that.

I love this feeling.  The feeling of being full of love and gratitude for all that the Savior has given me.  My life is so wonderful and happy, and I know the only reason it is like that is because I have been living the gospel.  True happiness comes through Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. 

No comments: