Friday, August 26, 2011

Missed me?

Hello blog readers!  I hope you will forgive me for the lack of blog posts.  Life has been rather busy for the past two weeks. 

As much as I would like to fill you in on my busy, stressful, lonely, exciting life right now, I am at school.  That means I don't have any pictures with me at the moment.  So I will just tell you about school!

School started last Thursday.  It was very exciting really.  As I was walking towards the school, there was this little freshman who shot across the street, looking pretty ridiculous.  I just laughed and remembered those times in my life.  Then it hit me; I'm a senior.  This is my last year of high school.  AAHHHHH!!!!!

The atmosphere at the school was bubbling with excitement.  I can just feel that it is going to be a good year.  And that feeling stayed with me throughout the whole day.  Madrigals is already 100 times better than it was last year, which I am very grateful for.  We are getting along so much better.  When the old madrigals were choosing the Madrigals for this year, they were worried about how we would get along with some of the people they chose.  Well my friends, I am proud to say that you chose well.  It is so much better.

Orchestra this year has about 43 people.  That is a record.  And there are EIGHTboys.  That is a record in and of itself.

I am so excited to live my senior year of high school.   But there was still an unexpected turn of events that very same day.

My mom went in for her yearly girl appointments about a month ago.  She wasn't very happy with the doctor who gave her some big inconviences.  Well, it was just the start.

On the 15th, she had to go down south for a biopsy.  To be a little more clear, a breast biospy.  When she had her mammogram, they found dents.  Whatever those are, I don't know.  They couldn't tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing, so she had to have the biopsy.  My poor mother.

Before we went to school on Thursday, the doctors office called.  She had to go in for an appointment that same day at 2:00.  If the doctor is having you come in for your results, it isn't usually a good thing. 

And it wasn't.  My mom walked in the door after her appointment (I beat her home), and I could tell that she had been crying.  About 45 minutes later she told us the news.  Yes, my mom has breast cancer.

The first day of my senior year of high school and I find out that my mom has breast cancer.  That is a very rare occurance in anyone's life I think.  

She worries about getting through every day when it is in full swing.  And the financial crap.  That will be very interesting.  And the fact that she can't handle other people making a big deal over it.  So if you talk to her, don't make a big deal over it.  Life goes on, day by day. 

I am trying to be strong for her.  I didn't have to try much the day she told us because Matt was there when she shared the news.  He gives me a strength that I can't describe to anyone. 

So, that is a little bit of my life right now.  Actually, that was a really big part of my life. 

4 comments:

Heather Rae said...

At least we have received some good news about it. It will be hard, but probably not as awful as we had anticipated. And it's ok to not be strong ALL the time, she's still there for you when you're sad.

Also, you say it's a rare occurrence in anyone's life- but dear, you'll find most people have been affected by the illness of a loved one, and so many people have seen their family suffer from cancer. You're certainly not alone.

Veronica Haley said...

Oh Michelle! wow, I had no idea. I am giving you a mental hug right now!

Mush said...

I certainly know that I am not alone. I have seen it and heard about it a lot. But it was just an... well, not really unexpected turn, but big event in my life that just happened to happen on another big event of my life. That's all.

Ms. Amber said...

I have missed you my dear! I'm sorry to hear about your mom... by Heathers comment it seems like maybe things aren't as bad as they could be. Its a strength to know that everything here on earth is part of Gods plan, and keeping an eternal perspective can get us through anything!
Happy senior year by the way!!!