I just thought I should expand on my family situation right now. I have left you all hanging for long enough.
It's all good. Don't worry about it.
I know that sounds almost rude, but it really isn't anything to worry about. The doctor said that my mom could have had the cancer for 2 years. It is more accurate to say that she has cancer in her breast, not breast cancer. He says this because the spots are on the outer layer of the tissue, which means that it will be easy to take out. She is having surgery this coming Wednesday and the doctor said that she will be able to go to work the following day.
So life is good. My house has been a huge refuge to me the past two weeks. At school I just didn't feel very happy. I always knew that I would walk inside my house and feel... safe. Secure. My grandma spent a week with us. It was really nice to have her around, and she actually seemed happy to be here this time. All the other times she has had to spend time with us, I could tell that she just wanted to go home. I am so glad that she felt happier this time.
You may be wondering about my dear friend Matthew. He is good. Calculus takes all his time and energy, creating enough frustration to make a volcano erupt. So when it gets to that point, I get to talk to him. I always look forward to that time that we have together. We have discovered that being positive about everything makes the day much better. There were a couple of bad days where I would just sit and vent, and it didn't help anything at all.
I miss him a lot. I miss walking up to the seminary building after school for a ride home from him. I miss waiting for him to come to lunch. I miss sitting outside on my porch glider for hours and just talking, laughing, and learning from each other. I miss having his arms around me. It's weird to watch a movie without him. But I know it will be worth the wait. I feel like we have learned more about each other and we just keep getting stronger.
Attitude is everything.
1 comment:
I am so glad that your mom is better off than we first thought. It is very good to hear. But that calculus class is a freaking beast. I like how you put it, the frustration definitely is enough to make a volcano erupt.
Post a Comment