Sunday, September 25, 2011

The whole rest of the story

After our lovely time on the mountain, we ate a nice dinner that my mom made at my house.  It was a typical dinner at Michelle's house with my dad doing a lot of talking.  But that's okay.

When we were all finished, we took Trent to his college Homecoming game.  Then when we got back home, it was time to take some pictures dressed up!

I saw this photo idea on a photographers blog, and I love it.  My mom took the picture and I edited it.

After this adventure, we went downstairs to watch a movie with my mom and John.  And, of course, movie time means cuddling time.  Oh how I love to cuddle with that boy. :-)

Mostly we were waiting for this:

Richard and Katie went to homecoming together and brought over a big surprise. :)

Yes, that is a corvette.  Yes, Richard borrowed it to take Katie to homecoming.

Yeah, he let my mom sit in it.

And then he let her drive it around the block. :)
My mom was so happy.  She kept saying, "I just drove it around the block and can't stop smiling!"  It really made her happy and I am so glad.  Katie was also very VERY happy and wouldn't stop smiling, too.  And Matt and I were probably the happiest, but seeing everyone else so happy just added like crazy.

Now for the really good stuff.

My neighbors, the Lee's, let Matt and I borrow their back deck thing to have our own little dance thing.  Let me tell you, I am so very grateful that they were so willing to do that for us.  And it was perfect.  The deck has some little lights and it really just made the whole thing romantic.  My backyard doesn't have any lighting unless you turn on the kitchen light inside, which didn't seem appealing to me.

It was perfect.  We dressed up again, but much more simply.  I was finished changing before him so I went in the kitchen for water.  When he walked into the kitchen, he put his arms around me and told me that I was beautiful. :-)

We walked across the street, onto the deck, picked some music, and just danced.  It was just so cute and sweet and wonderful.  We danced like we did the night of Prom, when we had our first kiss.  The close, "I'm cold so hold me tight" kind of dancing.  Our conversation was nice and happy and cute and wonderful.  I didn't want it to end, again.

The next day he had to go back to his... house.  It certainly wasn't as hard for him to leave as it was the first time, but it honestly just sucks.  My weekend was perfect, absolutely perfect.  After he left, everything at my house fell apart.  Life is crazy.  And I just wanted Matt back to me.  But that is just how it has to be...

...for now. :-)

No comments: