Monday, September 5, 2011

A Tribute to Summer

Last night at dinner, I remembered something really funny, but kind of strange.  I don't know why I remembered it, but I will tell you about it!

Once upon a time Matt, Ryan, and Richard were all at my house to watch a movie.  The next day was Sunday, so I needed to shower.  We paused the movie to wait for Richard and I went to shower.  I tried to fast, and that was evident in my shaving job.  I didn't notice that I had cut myself so badly until after I was all dressed and could see that the blood had dripped onto another towel that was on the floor.

It was gushing.  I couldn't move because I didn't want a trail of blood following me.  So I opened the door and called for Matt.  He came to my rescue and I asked him to get me a band-aid.  A few seconds later, he was standing in the doorway of the bathroom opening the band-aid to put it on the back of my ankle for me.

Now I'm sure that you're wondering why this random experience popped into my head.  Well, I have decided that the whole thing was really kind of cute and sweet.  It doesn't seem like a big deal, and it really wasn't, but in the end it's the little things that matter.  From that little experience, I knew that Matt would always take care of me.  He will kiss my physical wounds better and then put a band-aid on if needed.  But he also takes care of the emotional wounds.  Just a few days after the shaving accident, I was sad and crying.  Matt knew that he just had to hold me, and that is what he did.

Oh how I miss that boy.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Don't worry everyone, I didn't kiss her bloody ankle better, but I did put the bandaid on it.