Thursday, September 22, 2011

The whole story, kind of.

There was talk of the homecoming dance all around the school.  Most girls want to be asked, and many of them would be depressed if they didn't get asked.  I told myself that it was fine and that if I didn't get asked, I would make sure that I went up to Orem, also where Matt is now.  Heather and I talked about it a little, and that plan just wasn't going to work out.  I was a lot discouraged.  It wasn't likely that I would be asked.

Of course Matt heard all about this.  We talked a little about him coming down here for the weekend, and that brightened my spirits a bit.  Then, one Sunday after eating dinner with his family, he told me that he had asked his mom if he could come down for homecoming if no one asked me.  And she said yes!

So then I didn't want anyone to ask me.  I told all my friends that Matt was coming... if I didn't get a date for homecoming.  Matt and I had decided that if I didn't have a date by the Tuesday before the dance, then he would be coming for sure.  That Tuesday came, and I was so excited!  No one had asked me!

The whole week was crazy busy.  I hardly had any time for myself, and I'm not exaggerating.  I woke up and went to school, like normal.  Then I had about 40 minutes of free time, in which I read my scriptures.  At 3:49, I had to go to work.  I was there, busy, until 8:30.  Then I showered, finished a few things for school, and then talked to Matt and went to sleep.  Basically, I didn't have much time to think about how excited I was that Matt was coming.

Until Friday that is.  I was getting really excited without even realizing it.  We had a homecoming parade and other various things that kept me very occupied. 
Every club/organization had a float, including the choir.  We just walked down the street, but we did have these balloons.  Jessie Tremelling and I picked them up and then we took this picture.

Richard is just being Richard.  He started the parade with the Marching Band and then went with swim, and then with choir.  This was with swim.

I just think this picture is nice photographically.  And that is Haley Allen.  She's in my ward.

Charley, Kaitlyn, and Athena. 

Katie is carrying Carri... :)

It rained and rained and poured.  And I got this awesome picture. :)

School spirit at the game.

That is the swim team, and a few others.

Nikki Andersen looking excited. 

This just cracks me up for some reason.

Our team began to lose within the first 3 minutes of the game.  And it didn't get any better.

But I didn't even care.  Matt had left Provo around 4:15, so I figured he would arrive around 7:30.  I screamed a lot.  And in my head I was thinking, "I'm really not that excited.  I feel like I should be more excited."  I think that I was in denial.  I checked the time a lot.

Time went on, just like it always does.  Someone yelled across to Charley and told her that she should have the band play "Hey, Baby."  I told her no several times.  If you don't understand why, go read this post on the quote blog.  She understood that "Hey, Baby" couldn't be played until Matt was actually there.

Goodness, just thinking about this makes my heart start to beat faster.

A few seconds after the whole "Hey, Baby" thing, Charley was yelling at me trying to get my attention.  I was pretty confused really and nothing was processing.  But for some reason I turned around and was looking at something.  And then I realized that Charley was pointing at Matt!  And there he was coming up behind me to surprise me!  I got all shy and quiet, but I was smiling like crazy, and so was he.  Boy, he sure did look cute.  :-)

We hugged for a little while and I heard Katie and others go, "AAWWWW!" I wasn't going to let go of him anytime soon.  And we kissed.  I stood on the bleacher seat and he stood on the bleacher ground and we just held each other.  And we talked a little bit about our days and such.

When half-time came around, I had to go down to the field to take Marching Band pictures.  Matt, of course, came with me.  It was so nice to get away from the screaming crowd for a little while to take those pictures.  But mostly it was the time that I got to talk to Matt and be with just him. 

After the marching band, they had fireworks.  You know how people talk about having "fireworks" when they kiss?  Well, a while back, I discovered that Matt and I make "fireworks" when we kiss.  And our fireworks were really big fireworks that day.  And so were the homecoming game fireworks.  So we kissed during the fireworks.  That night I got an e-mail from on of my friends and she told me that Matt and I were really cute during the fireworks.  It made me happy.  :-)

I honestly don't remember much of anything but taking a few pictures and having Matt's arms around me during the rest of the game.  We didn't sit in the student section so we could sit down.  It was just happy.  And I felt 17.


We left the game shortly before it ended.  It wasn't worth staying to watch.  But that was fine with me, because I honestly didn't pay any attention to the game.  I could only think about the cute boy who was holding me. 

So we left.  And then there were more fireworks!  So of course we stopped to watch them, and kiss.  :)

So folks, that is all that I have time for today, unfortunately.  But have no fear, the rest will be here...!

No comments: