The end of the school year is a crazy one filled with concerts and state competitions and saying goodbyes to the seniors. This week happened to be the concert week.
It started with too many rehearsals. I am so done with rehearsal, but unfortunately, I can't be done until after graduation. The good thing about this fact is that the rest of our rehearsals are just the Madrigals, and that makes me so much happier to go!
Luckily the rehearsals paid off. Tuesday night started our concert series with Orchestra all night long. John had his own orchestra concerts starting at 5, then he had another at 6, and then mine was at 7. Oh, and then the band concert was right after my orchestra concert and I stayed for that, too.
I just want to share a song from the orchestra concert.
I felt really good about that concert in general. With Mr. Jordan this year, I have not just played music; I have made the notes on the page come to life along with everyone in the orchestra. It has been such a good learning experience for me. My love for music has grown so much.
Now for choir. Choir concerts are always good, but they sure do involve a lot more chaos than orchestra concerts! Our theme was "Under the Sea and Over the Rainbow." Mrs. Tawa wanted to do a Polynesian theme, and the students wanted to do a Disney theme, so she just combined the two! And she did it ever so beautifully! We started Polynesian, melted into our competition music, and then transitioned again to Disney and Polynesian!
The stage was decorated so nicely! Jessie, Kylie, and myself, along with a few other people that helped, made the stage and surrounding area look so great! It made me so happy!
I had to change dresses twice. Mrs. Tawa failed to announce that I put one of our Colla Voce songs onto sheet music so it would work A LOT better. This guy on the front row got up during the middle of songs and then would go back to his seat in the middle of songs. Madrigals failed to get on the stage in an orderly fashion.
Volume Men made the audience laugh so hard. Girls Glee had funny expressions on their faces. My facial expressions were so good in Colla Voce! My mom cried in Ka Wailele, the song that I put together. A Cappella sounded a lot better from their region performance. Madrigals sang so in sync, it was crazy. The audience wanted to cry when we sang Earth Song. The Madrigal men sounded SO GOOD together in Voice Dance, along with the women, but there is just something about men singing that makes people happy. Volume Men sang the best performance of "Nothin' like a Dame" I have ever heard. Ciara Bush hula-ed her little self out. Drive My Car was so fun for everyone. Disney Dazzle was so good (rehearsal paid off). When the Girls Glee girls danced with their dads, you couldn't help but want to cry and think of your own father. Over the Rainbow was good. Aloha Oe' touched our hearts. McKenna and I hugged and we cried together.
Final Earth Song with the 2010-2011 Canyon View Madrigals
So, to all my fellow seniors, I love you and will miss you dearly.
And to all my fellow everyone else, next year will be even better!
Enjoy this last song that features all the choirs!
No comments:
Post a Comment