Monday, May 9, 2011

SUU Graduation

The SUU Commencement ceremony took place this past Friday. Being the supportive friend that I am, I endured two more hours of boredom.

This was actually a big day in more than one way. You see, Matt's grandparents came down for his college graduation, which meant that I got to meet them. Family is very important to me, and Matt knows that. I was slightly nervous to meet them for the first time, but it turned out okay.

We sat down in the seats that would soon make our butts hurt and waited. Before the pain hit, Lisa (Matt's mom) got a call from Matt, but she accidentally hung up on him, so then I got the call. It just so happened that Matt lost the most important part of his graduation attire, his tassel. Lisa was a little flustered, and I volunteered to go look in the car. That was nice, because I really had to use the bathroom.

I didn't find the tassel, but the head SUCCESS dude told Matt not to worry about it, so we didn't! Well, Lisa did a little, but that is what mom's are supposed to do.

Once the boring thing started and we heard all about how good SUU is, there was this funny speaker. It broke up the monotony of the rest of the ceremony. Hopefully high school graduation will be just a little more exciting.

After Matt turned his fake tassel, it was time for pictures!

Matt and I posing--yes Heather, I borrowed your shirt. Oh, and that tassel was borrowed. :)

After we took pictures, the whole crew went to Applebee's for dinner. It was delicious and fun. I was glad to spend time with Matt and his family. They are so funny! Not like laugh-out-loud funny, but just normal funny. Every one of them praises everything Matt does, and it's just so cute! And he does deserve every one of the compliments he receives. And I didn't feel awkward at all with his family!

That was Friday's graduation. After dinner we went to The Chard's house and that had adventures in and of itself!

Saturday was diploma day. It sufficeth me to say that I was super bored. But luckily I had a camera to keep me entertained.

It's hard not to be entertained when you find faces like that one!


My seat had the best angle imaginable!

Matt shaking hands after receiving his diploma
A good Matt smile, with teeth!
Yes Heather, that is your shirt, again. Don't worry, I didn't wear either of them for very long. I just had to wear something nicer than what I had!

All I have to say is this: I am so glad that I don't have to go to another ceremony for a few weeks! And I do have to run around at high school graduation, so it isn't even boring for me!

Hopefully you aren't thinking that I think that it wasn't worth it to go, because it was! Thanks to Lisa for involving me in your plans and making me feel included. I truly appreciate it!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Why did you put a silly looking picture of me on the top?