Monday was a great day. During school we had an awards assembly for all the juniors. Mrs. Tawa awarded me as the "Outstanding Junior Music-Vocal Girl Student." This made me oh so very happy! I was feeling a little under-appreciated for all that I have done in class. The award made all those feelings melt away. It wasn't the first time that she gave me that award, either. She gave me that award my freshman year at a time when I was feeling under-appreciated. Funny.
After school, Ryan, Matt, and I went to the park. Ryan showed us his rock, more like a cement slab, that is by the muddy creek.
As we were walking in the direction of home, we saw some trees that were still blossoming. I like little blossoms, so we had to stop.

Matt picked me some of the blossoms and then put them in his mouth.
Then he picked some more and gave them to me!When I got home, I put my pretty flowers in a cup with water so they wouldn't die.
Tuesday was not very good, at all. The whole day just didn't go very well. I forgot my lunch and my mom reminded me of things I don't like to be reminded of. I had ANOTHER rehearsal during lunch, and it went into 3rd period this time, causing me not to see Matt. That always puts a damper on my mood. Then to make it all even better, the reason we went over was to choose our Madrigal presidency.
To make a long story short, everyone nominated was wonderful. We went away while everyone else voted and had a nice conversation about how things had to be next year. Thank goodness I got my opinion out!
When the voting was done, we all walked out of the room, and my name wasn't on the board. My heart sank. I wanted to be in there so bad, specifically the president. During rehearsal I had stepped it up a lot. There was one day that Mrs. Tawa was late, so I started rehearsal with Katie. Katie played the piano and I conducted the music, which means I ran everything. I was so disappointed to not be recognized for that! It was me, and not them. But I do know that the presidency will do a good job.
That didn't make it much easier. Everyone left the room, leaving Katie, Landon, and myself alone. I bawled. Then Landon (who wasn't nominated which means he voted) told me that I came in second EVERY TIME! That is four times, if you were wondering. It hurt down to the core. Hopefully you can imagine. Katie and Landon had to go to class, so I headed back into the choir room. There is a room between the band room and the choir room that I always go through, and Jessie Byers was in there playing the piano. I walked in and she stopped playing. Then she asked me if I was okay, and there came the tears again.
I couldn't concentrate on anything. Matt was working. I was having a hard time holding all the tears back. It hurts!
After school, Matt came to my house with Richard. I was happy to see them both, but more happy to see Matt. Richard was happy usual self and Matt just held me. They went to swim and then Matt came back over. I didn't tell him the story while Richard was there, and I wanted to tell him.
He came over and I didn't think I would cry again. I was telling the story and he held me close. Then I got to the part where I came in second every time, and the tears came. He pulled me into his arms and I just cried for the 100th time that day. It sucks! Then my mom came home while Matt was holding me and I told her my story and almost cried again. It really does just hurt down to the core. And just so you know, it isn't the fact that I'm not president that makes it hurt so much. It is the freaking second place every freaking time!
But really, I know that the presidency will do a good job. Madrigals next year is going to be so much better than it was this year.
Wednesday was another lovely day. The weather has been so nice these past few days! Ryan and I have AP English together and all we had to do that day was turn in our homework and then clean a desk. After that we were free!
We went to the park again and Ryan showed me his branch in the tree. It was fun. And lovely.Later that night we had a yearbook signing party at the school. There were so many people there! Matt and I got there around 6:30 and didn't leave until almost 10. Part of that was because we stayed after to write in each others books. We both took a full page. :) It took him a lot longer than it took me, but that is okay! It just made me so very happy!
Thursday was yet another good day. At school we watched a video yearbook and signed more yearbooks. Landon went to get Mrs. Tawa's signature and ended up having his pectoral signed.
Yeah, he was rather proud about that one!Mostly it was boring. Until Matt got off work. :) Then it was much more interesting. We signed some more yearbooks and then went to his house for lunch. He made me a PB&J sandwich and ramen noodles. Then I had to go to a meeting, so he took me to my meeting. After my meeting that was rather depressing but productive, he picked me up and he had to get his hair cut. It was a little sad. He looks like a little boy now. I just keep telling myself, "It will grow back."
While there, I discovered that Heather got a job! I wanted to congratulate her, so Matt and I headed to Whittlesticks, the shop that Heather teaches in. She was in the middle of lesson, so we waited for a little while. To keep ourselves entertained, I pulled out this beginner violin book that has simple rhythms and notes. It also had words to help remember the rhythms. So I sang them all to Matt. After about 10 minutes of waiting, we decided that it was time for ice-cream. We walked across the parking lot to Krave. We ate our ice-cream, which was DELICIOUS, and then went back to Heather. This time we did talk to her and she was a little funny from taking sleeping medicine so she would actually be awake for her interview. I am so happy for her!
Then with Richard and Ryan, we went to the park again. And it was lovely, yet again.
Then we went for a homework burning party with our friends! It took us a few phone calls to find everyone and get everyone at the same location, but that was okay. Athena had this cute little puppy that I was just smitten for.
Yeah, he's a cutie.Eventually we made it to 3 peaks for our bonfire. It was an adventure!



Needless to say, it was a lot of fun. The pictures say it all!
Friday morning. The day of graduation. And the day of more rehearsal! My goodness! I am so done rehearsing!
I slept in until 8 and then curled my hair. Then my father drove me to graduation rehearsal at 10:30. I didn't leave that place until about 12:30. Luckily Matt was driving me. As we were driving away, I beheld this lovely view of early spring.
It made me very happy.We then went to my house to get all my clothes for graduation and other such things. I decided to take it all because Lisa, Matt's mom, needed help for the after graduation party.
After we were done at my house, we had to go to the school to turn in my library book. Then we went to Matt's house for lunch and cookie making. We had ramen noodles again. And we ate cookie dough. And we had lots of fun.
Then it was time to go to graduation.

We look so freaking good!
Graduation was good. The speeches were better than I expected. Jordan Comstock, the student body president, talked about character, success, and happiness. Zane Affleck, the valedictorian, talked about knowledge and practically bore his testimony! I was so proud of that child! Hannah, the salutatorian, talked about goals. Madrigals sang "You Are The New Day" and "Over the Rainbow." The band and orchestra played "Jupiter" from Gustav Holst's The Planets. I did a lot of running back and forth from orchestra to Madrigals. I clapped for every graduate when their name was read for their diploma. Some of them were silly. Matt wasn't one of them. Although, he did look rather silly.
Ha, that reminds me. He was wearing jeans and a tee shirt with tennis shoes. I was wearing my Colla Voce dress with nice jewelry. I looked like the one that graduated, and he looked like the one that was there to watch. This occurred to us when we were walking out to the car. I was holding his diploma cover and all his cords and tassels and such. We decided to see if anyone would fall for it and I put on his cap. It was really funny!
We then went to his house for dinner and a movie with Ryan, Richard, and Katie. Yes, Katie! She hadn't signed Matt's yearbook, so we had to get her. When we got to her house, we discovered that she wasn't even there! Her mom told us that she was with Landon at his house and so we went to get her. It was interesting.
We watched I Am Legend and decided that we had to watch more scary movies. And Katie has to watch them, and others, with us. She is so funny! Matt held me so I wasn't too scared. :)
Then it was time to go home. Matt took Ryan and I home. He opened his graduation present when he dropped me off. It was pretty similar to the present I made for David for his graduation, but much longer and filled with a lot more meaning. Matt had tears in his eyes when he was done! :) That was everything that I had hoped to accomplish with that present.
Last week of school: amazing. First day as a senior in high school: mediocre.

1 comment:
I like reading about my graduations on your blog, it makes them sound so much more exciting than they actually were.
Post a Comment