Sunday, May 8, 2011

SUCESS Night of Excellence

As you should already know, Matt is a senior this year, which means he has to graduate. :(

Tuesday night the first domino fell. Matt is in SUCCESS Academy, a charter school where you earn high school and college credit. If you stick it out to the end, you earn your associates degree before you graduate from high school.

Matt stuck it out till the end and accomplished more than I will in high school.

So Tuesday his mom picked me up and we went to the SUU Great Hall for the SUCCESS Night of Excellence. The last time I was in the Great Hall was about a month ago for Prom. :) We sat through a long, boring video, introducing the class of 2011 from SUCCESS. There were a few speakers that were pretty good. But mostly it was boring until Matt got to walk across the stage and receive all his awards. That meant that I could get up from my chair and take some pictures.

Just because graduation is a time to brag, I am going to tell you all about the awards Matt received that night. He isn't going to like this much, but guess what? This is my blog, not his. Anyway, Matt was awarded a medallion for having a GPA above a 3.7, even with his college classes. There are only two males who have that medallion. Then he got a gold and silver ribbon/tassel thing: the gold for earning 60 collegiate credits and the silver for earning 30 collegiate credits. Then all of the SUCCESS students got this braided things that represented something. But it is cool looking!

Matt and I, looking as good as ever.

After the boring program was over, we got to take pictures and eat cake and this really yummy peach punch. Matt took pictures with people from SUCCESS and then we went outside for more pictures. He hates having pictures taken, just so you know.

Me, Matt, and Amberly

This was the beginning of 5 graduation ceremonies that Matt has to endure. And since I am his best friend, I will endure it with him.

As soon as I have pictures, I will tell you all about another two graduation ceremonies!

Happy Mothers day!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Those pictures actually look decent. Yay! And that punch was really good...