"Today, my mom, her fiance, and I were talking about funny things kids do. When my mom brings up the story of how when I was around 5 years old, I came up with a brilliant plan to make my parents take me to the mall that was about twenty minutes away from where we lived. I went up to my father in the front room and asked him if he'd like to go to the mall with me and my mom, he said yes. So I ran back to the bedroom where my mom was on the computer. No, not to tell her that Dad said he'd like to come, but to ask her if she'd like to go to the mall with me and Dad. They didn't figure out until we were parking the car when my dad looked at my mom and said "What do you need from the mall anyways?" she looked puzzled and said "You are the one who wanted to come to the mall" I sat patiently in my booster seat with a smile on my face as they figured out that I had fooled them into taking me to the mall. Did I get in trouble? No. Did I get to go to the movies and get a bunch of cool toys? Yes, Yes I Did. MLIA"
As I read this on mylifeisaverage.com today, it made me smile. Matt and I have been sharing childhood memories back and forth for a few weeks.
It all started with John's homework. You see, he had to write 50 memories for his language arts class in middle school. He wasn't really liking this assignment, so I was feeding him some memories he could write about. As I was feeding him memories, I was also talking to Matt on the phone. That is when we started to share memories back and forth.
It has been quite the adventure learning about all his funny things he has done. I couldn't tell you any of them at the moment, and he probably wouldn't want me to!
Maybe if you haven't looked back on your childhood for a while, you should do it! It has helped me remember all the silly things I have done. It is a lot of fun!
It all started with John's homework. You see, he had to write 50 memories for his language arts class in middle school. He wasn't really liking this assignment, so I was feeding him some memories he could write about. As I was feeding him memories, I was also talking to Matt on the phone. That is when we started to share memories back and forth.
It has been quite the adventure learning about all his funny things he has done. I couldn't tell you any of them at the moment, and he probably wouldn't want me to!
Maybe if you haven't looked back on your childhood for a while, you should do it! It has helped me remember all the silly things I have done. It is a lot of fun!
1 comment:
haha. I loved this post so much. I had to share it with my family. :)
Post a Comment