No, more like busy. That is why I didn't blog everyday this week. Please forgive me?
Thank you for forgiving me. You have no idea how much it means to me.
Today we had our Stake Conference. It was a special one because our Stake President, Mark E. Eastmond, was offered a job up north and had to move. They re-organized the Stake Presidency.
Brother Eastmond is about five feet one inches tall. He was my bishop when I was really little and is the first bishop I remember having. My interviews with him were good; he called me Dolly.
In fact, last year in Seminary he came to visit our class. He still called me Dolly.
Mark E. Eastmond is an artist. He painted a picture of Christ's tomb. And, oh, is it amazing! It hangs on the wall in my church building. I look up to him because of that.
Today he was released as Stake President. He and his wife had the opportunity to speak right after. I sat there and cried. The tears fell slowly down my cheeks like little raindrops. I love that man. I want to marry a man just like him.
After the meeting, I went up to see him. I didn't want to cry anymore, but I did. He shook my hand and said thank you for coming. John wanted to see if he was taller yet (which he isn't) and then he shook my hand again. He told me that he cherished my testimony and to hold to it. Then I cried, and he held me.
He is a Giant of a Man.
And Heather's blog will tell you much more about him and his wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment