Friday, August 27, 2010

Music

For those of you who do not know, I have the privilege of being in the most advanced choir in my school: Madrigals.

Being in this elite choir brings a few responsibilities. You are required to be in another choir/music class. So this year I am enrolled in Madrigals, Colla Voce, and Orchestra. And I love it. It makes me happier than anything.

In Madrigals, no one complains about the song we are singing. Part of that is because Mrs. Tawa doesn't give us time to complain. The other part is this: everyone knows what they have to live up to. Our reputation is high. When we dink off during class, that is one less minute we have to meet every one's expectations.


Madrigals are leaders. They are optimistic. We go into class with our mind open and ready to learn. We show the other choir members how to act during rehearsal. We are confident in what we sing.


Now I just made it sound like it is no fun. Singing like we do is amazing. We are no where near perfect. We struggle through the music together. I trust everyone in the room. There is no other feeling like that.

Colla Voce is almost the exact opposite. We just got our choir presidency. I have mixed feelings about them. The girl that beat me out of Historian complains most of the time. She is also in Madrigals, but I don't hear any of that in Mads. I think it is a little strange.

Now for dresses. Our presidency decided that we should change our dresses. So they gave us three options, with a fourth option to keep the dress we have now.

The first option was a short dress, and in purple. Not for stage. It won't look good, especially if you are a performing choir, like we happen to be. Everything has to be exactly the same with the dress. If you have short, you all have to wear the same nylons and shoes. That makes the price around $70.

The second and best option is an all black, long dress with a sweetheart neckline. This is a good thing. We could move very freely in this dress. It is the one to choose. And it is only $50.

The last, and worst, option is a tuxedo dress.


Now I hope your faces now look somewhat like this:








I am glad we are on the same side. When I told Eric about the dress option he said, "Tux, dress. Two different sides of the universe." Now I have been trying to find this dress for you to see, but Bing cannot but "dress" and "tux" together.



That is kind of what it would look like. The white would go down further and the sleeves are three-quarter. The waist is an empire waist (read the second paragraph of this). White tops are bad, BAD! BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad. It looks bad on stage.

At State Large Choir last year I looked at a lot of dresses. The ones with white I said, "Yuck." Then all I could think was, "Yuck." I don't want to be the "yuck."

Also with music, I AM GOING TO ALL-STATE CHOIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is amazing, just so you all know. The music is amazing.

Oh, and if you don't agree with me on the dress, you fail. Not really, but trust my professional opinion.

No comments: