Saturday, July 31, 2010

Inspiration

At Girls' camp, we had devotionals once everyday. It was nice to be taught and still have fun.

The devotional that really got to me was Sister Vorkink's. She had the very last night. We had just done singing tree's (which is amazing) and then we did some star gazing. I love star gazing.

At first I had a hard time focusing on what she was saying. I eventually looked up at the sky and closed my eyes. I listened to her and her only. The Spirit talked to me a lot more once I focused.

One thing stood out to me. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me more than all the stars. There are a lot of stars. If they love me more than that, then that is a lot! The Holy Ghost testified to me that that is true.

After we finished there (and I was crying already), we did our secret sister things. Inside was a little card. I read the front of the card to see who it was from. All I had to do was look at the handwriting and I knew exactly what it was. My mom wrote me a letter and they put it in my secret sister can. I bawled before I even read it. It was comforting to me.

We then had our testimony meeting. Brother Hicken started and set the right mood for us. He has such a great testimony and funny stories. After some silence, Sister Reynolds shared her testimony with us. I then shared my testimony... and cried. It was a chain reaction.

I remember last year at Girls' camp, I didn't bear my testimony. I regreted that because not very many people did and it was kinda blah. This year I knew that if I bore mine, the other girls were more likely to bear theirs. And they did.

Even though Girls' camp testimony meetings are more like confession sessions, the Spirit was still really strong. I am so glad that I had the chance to go with my girls and get to know them better. I am thankful for my own testimony that saves me.

1 comment:

Veronica Haley said...

You have an amazing power over people. If you wouldve born your testomony last year i would have to. You are a wonderful influence. I know for a fact that certain behives only bore there testomonys because of you.