The theme of camp this year was B. O. O. T Camp. Building Our Own Testimonies camp. Every ward had their own battery name. The Youth Camp Leaders had to teach all the wards about their battery name.
My ward battery name was STARS. Stand Tall And Rememberthe Savior.
I am now going to write what I told everyone else. It will be my favorite way of telling it.
The First Presidency of the church recently made the Young Women new Personal Progress books. Along with the new books came new theme posters. A few weeks ago I noticed that they word "Stand" is completely capitalized. There are very few words in the theme that are completely capitalized. So obviously the word "stand" as a witness is very important.
Lets say that you hear someone talking badly about one of your very best friends. You don't like this at all. Hopefully you will decide to stand tall and go over to this person who is talking badly about your friend. You say to them that you don't appreciate what they are saying and that your friend is your best friend.
Now, you may not realize it, but from the moment you decided to go over to this person, your whole body stood up a little taller. Even if this is an easy thing for you to do, you still need the courage and confidence to carry out this task.
We should remember the Savior at all times, in all things, and in all places.
The stars in the sky can help us remember the Savior.
I (as my blog readers already know) am blessed to have some of the best friends in the whole entire world. One of the things we do together is star gaze. We go into my backyard with blankets and lay down to look at the stars. While doing this, my mind tends to think of how big the sky is. There was one time that I tried to count the stars... that didn't work very well.
The stars are endless. I then remember the Savior. He is endless; he is eternal. He has always loved His children and will always love His children. His Gospel has always been the same.
I asked the girls to take time to look at the stars during their stay in the mountains. I told them not to talk to anyone and listen. Listen to what the Holy Ghost is trying to tell them, because he will give you the answers to your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment