Friday, July 9, 2010

Flirt

Waltz Pose

The Waltz is a very romantic dance. It is also very beautiful. Traditional waltz music is in 3/4 time, but can be in 3/8 or 3/2. When it was first introduced, it was considered immoral. This is because in the ballroom style, the dancers are very close together (closed position). Your hips touch. One of the girls legs is in between the guys. Don't worry-- I don't dance that way... yet.


Swing Cuddle
Swing dancing is my favorite! There are so many cool moves you can do in it. The one above is called the "cuddle." It is exactly how it sounds. Since Heather is so amazing, she snapped a photo going into the pose. I think it looks rather awesome.

Suicide
This is probably my favorite swing move. And I love David's face in this picture. We once did a whole photo shoot to get a good picture of it for this post. It was a lot of fun, and also very hard. You are only in the pose for a few seconds, so you have to be ready to take the picture. And it looks cool if the girl can get her foot way up there. We had a few pretty good ones this day.
Not sure what this one is called

This move is very interesting. You can get into it from the cuddle. The man picks the woman up into his arms and cradles her. Then he throws her in the air and she flips over. He is the supposed to let her out of his arms like a snake. As you can see, this did not work very well.

Suicide

This is the last picture that was taken. Something in me popped just about when the picture was snapped so we stopped. It is the best picture of the day. I find it amazing that the one that was really bad got the best picture. Well, I guess it would have been a really good pose if I didn't pop. Oh well!
So now you are wondering about the title of this post. Well, when is there a better time to flirt? Honestly!
Dancing is the best way to get to know a person. And I'm not talking about just this kind of dancing. You know how when you were in middle school and they had dances and you just kinda went around in a circle? That is what I am talking about. It really tells you a lot about them.
Let's take David for example. When we are dancing, conversation flows quite easily. There is never an awkward silence. I can tell that he is intelligent by the words he uses and the things he talks about. He is also very gracious. The last time we danced in circles together, he was thanking me for his graduation and birthday presents.
David concentrates very well on things. There was one swing move where whenever I looked at him, he looked like he was concentrating on it like crazy. It always made me laugh.
For the suicide, I have to hold on to my partners bicep. Enough said?
Unfortunately, you can also find faults in the person. David forgets easily and can get confused. But it doesn't even matter because it doesn't ever last very long.
He has only dropped me once.
And now David will be going to college in about a month. Can I just say that right now I dispise that idea? He is my best friend! And then he will be off for his mission. He will be home December 2012. By then I will be graduated from high school and almost into my second semester of college. Isn't it crazy?
But the idea that is more crazy is this: once David leaves for college, he only has about two weeks with Eric. After that they won't see each other for four years. Eric will be on his mission while David is getting home. Our good friend Matt won't see David for three years.
I think I am the lucky one in this scenario.

1 comment:

Heather Rae said...

I doubt it will be any easier for you than it is for them even though they probably won't see them longer than you won't. But life will be a great adventure even without David and your other boys!