Autumn...
Doesn't that word just make your heart feel at peace?
Autumn....
Autumn....
Autumn...
Sigh. Unfortunately for me, Autumn.... doesn't last very long in my neck of the woods. We have a true Autumn for about, oh, three weeks. That is not long enough.
And the following pictures is why.
.jpg)
Doesn't this look wonderful?
.jpg)
These are some yummy colors... and interesting faces.
.jpg)
It was raining leaves. Later that day it actually did rain water.
.jpg)
These are the results of a leaf fight. Later that day I found a leaf in my pants.
Looking at these pictures just makes me smile. That is all I can do.
Smiling.
Still smiling.
Laughing.
Smiling.
Do you get the point?
Fall is the best!
Ok, now I suppose you should have details.
This day started out better than any other. It was Friday and I did not have to go to school. That, dear blog readers, is one of the best feelings. The weather was overcast, definitely boding rain. As you should know by now, I love the rain. Since I got to sleep in and didn't have plans until 11:30, I made my hair super duper curly. How could it get any better?
Well, I will tell you. My friends came over at 11:30. We hopped in my van and made way to kidnap Eric. It failed, but he did join us eventually.
So I drove to Canyon park and beheld the most glorious array of leaf colors. My soul doth delight in the sight of color. We collected these glorious, colorful leaves. We threw these glorious, colorful leaves at each other. We climbed in trees with these glorious, colorful leaves to make it rain leaves.
It was so much fun.
Then we went to Top Spot for some vanilla ice. That was pretty amazing.
After that, Richard was having a freak-out session because he wanted to show us this house that his dad is building. We arrived at the said house and understood why he was freaking out about it. It is one masterpiece. Maybe one day I can share the picture with you.
Once we were done wandering at the house, we proceeded to Wal-Mart. Before we arrived, Richard informed me that he had never been to the lighthouse. So we went there first.
This is where the epic-ness happens.
First, it was muddy and I was wearing my favorite shoes that are sparkly (which are currently MIA) so I didn't want to ruin them. Matt, being the amazing friend he is, carried me across the mud to grass that would not ruin my shoes. We all hung out there for a little while.
And then....
IT RAINED!!!!
But not just little drops, BIG ones that made you REALLY wet and happy inside. You remember the little, lame version of this story. But now you get the big, awesome one.
Matt and I are the ultimate dance partners. So we polkaed around the lighthouse in the pouring rain. We swing danced our sweet moves in the pouring rain. We waltzed in the pouring rain. We did some sort of quickstep thing in the pouring rain. We laughed in the pouring rain.
And this was the final result:
Do you remember how curly my hair was previously? Good. This may have been the best day, ever.
2 comments:
Dear Michelle,
I know where your shoes are. Those photos are beautiful. I liked your writing in this blog. Why don't you comment on my blog?
Love, your favoritest sister.
I also love your pictures and your blog. Remember that day I helped you set it up??? Oh the good ol' days. lol!
Post a Comment