Monday, November 8, 2010

Horror

Saturday was a wonderful day. I slept in, cleaned the bathroom, washed my sheets, stayed in pajamas until 3:00 PM, and watched lots of movies. It was nice and relaxing.

My mom was visiting my Grandma in Ely, so I made dinner that night. Emilie's ex-boyfriend Jesse came over for our delicious dinner. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to catch up with him. He is being baptized on the 27th of this month. That will be one good day.

After dinner, Emilie wanted to go see Megamind. I was all for it, until I couldn't find my wallet, which had my money. That didn't quite work, so I stayed home.

During the whole decision to not go to the movie because I can't find my wallet, I was talking to Matt on the phone. He was on his way home from the swim meet on the loud, annoying bus. We talked for a while (like, 45 minutes) and it was nice.

See, my wallet has our Harry Potter tickets in it. If I didn't find my wallet, I would be very sad and everyone else would be very mad. So I was a little frantic, but only in my mind. My room did get a nice cleaning in the process. Oh, and Matt kept checking his pocket because I was making him paranoid.

I found my wallet under my bed, which is odd. Usually things don't end up under my bed.

Shortly after I found my wallet, I also found a spider. I hate spiders. When I know there is one in my room, I can't sleep soundly for the fear of it crawling inside my mouth. Yes, it is crazy, but you should know that by now.

I screamed. On the phone. Into Matt's ear. Luckily, the bus was loud and annoying, so he didn't hear me scream every time (which was about 15 times) that I did scream. I ran up the stairs to get my hairspray so I could terminate that beast that would have crawled into my mouth.

When I got to my room, I sprayed that spider like there was no tomorrow. It also made breathing a little hard. But that is beside the point. I was freaking out, on the phone, screaming into Matt's poor ear, and the freaking spider just wouldn't die!

However, I knew that would happen. All hairspray does is make the spider stuck so it can't run away while you get your toilet paper ready to smash it. I prepared my toilet paper, sprayed the little sucker one more time, and SQUISH! I got him.

As I went to my garbage feeling triumphant and threw that little squished sucker into the garbage, I had a freak out moment in which I thought the little spider somehow did not make it into the garbage. Poor Matt. I screamed, yet again, but this time it was a scream PLUS a jump back. Yeah, I really don't like spiders.

The thoughts of that spider still gives me the heeby-jeebies.

1 comment:

Heather Rae said...

You have to let the hairspray dry, and it only works on little ones, because it freezes up their legs. And aerosol hairspray is most effective.