Disclaimer: You may think that this post is going to be happy and fun, but that is not true.
Now that you know, right now flowers are not my friends.
The reason being is this: they are going on our Colla Voce dresses.
If you just puked, made a disgusting face, or laughed because you can see how ridiculous this is going to be, thank you. I am glad that we share the same opinion.
Now for the full story.
It started with the tuxedo dress in this post. We did not order that dress, and our choir president was not very happy about that. She wants to stand out.
So she got this idea in her head that we could put a "cute ribbon on the dresses" to make a fashion statement. No. It doesn't work that way unless we order a dress that is made to have a ribbon on it. Ours is not made for that.
Our dresses are beautiful. They are flattering on all body types. You may think I am exaggerating, but I promise I am not. Even ask Heather. Adding to the dress would distract from our sound and our professionalism, which is already lacking this year.
See? We look amazing! But we don't sound amazing, which is okay, for now.
Today was a good day. I was happy, like I have been lately. Lunch was really good, as it has been lately. Me and my friends discussed Harry Potter shirts and got excited for the movie all over again. I kinda felt like I was going to pass out, but that added to the greatness of the day. If I walked to class, I might have really passed out, so Matt carried me. It was great amounts of fun.
Our choir class president had introduced the idea to us before. I pondered it, a lot. My conclusion was that it would be okay to put a black flower on the dress that sparkled, a lot. Her idea was a teal and black with a big sparkle thing in the middle. Uh, no thank you.
And this is why: it is not concert black. I have many other purposes for my dress than Colla Voce. For one, it will be my orchestra dress. For two, it is really Heather's dress that she uses for orchestra and such. Although the ribbon would not be permanent, I don't like to think about screwing up Heather's dress.
Ultimately it was decided that we would have to purchase the teal and black flower and ribbon.
I am going to blunt now, so if you don't want to read my bluntness (and my male friends don't not want to), you should be finished reading now. There is a big space, just so you know.
The only place you can place anything with it looking okay is right below the bust line. It's the only place it would have the potential to look good. Then the only place to place a flower (I tried this, just so you know) is off to one of the sides, right under the boobie. It just draws attention to that place, which is not okay with me. I strive to keep my mind and the mind of my previous mentioned male friends how should not be reading this minds clean. The flower does not work there. It may be okay on stage with all the girls, but there will come a point that I will have to be alone in the hall wearing that dress and everyone will look where I don't want them to.
In conclusion, these particular flowers will draw all the wrong attention.
The end.
4 comments:
AAHH! Thinking of having a crazy flower on that beautiful dress (that I do still use, yes) makes me want to cry! Tell your choir president that if she requires you to mar that dress, I will sic my big brother on her :)
Heather, I love your reaction. The ribbon and stuff wouldn't be sewed on, it will be fabric-taped on. But that is a pain in the butt. I hate dresses. They have made my life complicated.
You only hate choir dresses silly. I know you like the other kinds.
Yuck! I did make a face although I stopped short of puking. Ribbons, flowers, bows etc... are not acceptable on choirs performing classical pieces. Sure if you're in a show choir anything goes but there is a certain decorum with is associated with classical performances.
Do you want me to have a talk with your director? My choir perfomed in Notre Dame, Carnegie Hall, etc... Not a single choir performing wore anything resembling bright bows or *gag* flowers. Classic lines, dark colors, no jewelry aside from small single diamonds or pearls should be acceptable.
My heart goes out to you. :) And as dreadful as it is please post pictures!! lol
Post a Comment