Today was a pretty normal day.
It started with not wanting to wake up. My alarm woke me from an interesting dream. I then laid in bed for about 3 minutes (no joke). Then I remembered that I had to get ready for school.
Seminary was amazing, as usual. My next class of the day was History 1700 in which I had to write an essay, a history essay, without my book. I was freaking out! But it turned out pretty okay in the end.
I continued on to suffer through all my other classes. Fourth period all my plans were crushed.
That is where this story turns exciting.
See, there is a blizzard warning in effect until Wednesday at 8:00 AM. This caused SUU to close early so the students could get home safely. Which, in the end, meant that the pool closed, and the swim meet was cancelled.
Bummer, I know.
I called Matt to inform him of this depressing information and to form plans to spend time with David who is here for Thanksgiving. Lets just say that we talked for a while, and it wasn't one phone call.
We decided to have an adventure in Wal-Mart. Because they are the best. We were looking in the toys and found some sparkly bouncy balls. All of us had seen them before, but we were still very much intrigued.
Do you remember the blizzard warning I told you about? Good. Well, there was one of these sparkly balls that was blue and when you spun it around, all the glitter would spin around. Matt was like, "This kind of looks like a blizzard!"
We then decided that it would be funny to ask other people if they thought it looked like a blizzard. Matt and I were pretending to be twins so it just made it all the more fun. We were walking down an isle and I asked a group of sisters if they thought it looked like a blizzard. Matt then proceeded to say, "Sorry, my sister is a little weird."
The next person was the greatest! I asked this lady if she thought the sparkly's meant that there was going to be a blizzard and she started backing away from me! We were laughing so hard!
Following our epic adventure, we went to Davids house to help Jill get dinner ready. I cut some nice pineapple and snitched some chips and salsa. Madi and Emily came over to party and eat with us. It was pretty fun, although I was out of it. Matt and I sat across from each other and we were sending brain waves to each other but no thoughts were coming through. It was interesting.
For some strange reason, there was a tent built in the living room. Matt, David, Emily, and Madi had built this tent while I ran home for a little while. They used weights to hold some of the blankets. Matt was thinking, "Those will probably hit someone in the head."
So we were in our tent, chilling and starting to fall asleep. Madi was tired of everyone being tired so she took off the roof of our tent in a dramatic way.
Lo and Behold, a weight came tumbling down from the couch onto my head. It hit the left side right below my eyebrow. And it hurt, a lot. I laughed, but I'm not sure if it was a laugh or a cry really hard kind of thing. But it hurt. And it still does.
I had a nice goose-egg that you could feel and it is purple. No pictures really do it justice.
Madi said that she hasn't wanted to make it onto my blog, but not this way. Heh heh heh.
Thank you Matt for cursing the weights and then taking care of me after the cursed weight fell on my head.
1 comment:
I seem to detect a common theme in your blog posts. Wouldn't want to give it away though.
Post a Comment